Our Attorneys Have Recovered Billions for Injured Clients
Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident in St. Louis? It’s possible that a negligent business owner, property owner, or municipal entity was responsible for your injuries, and you could be owed significant compensation. When you’ve been hurt, the St. Louis injury attorneys of OnderLaw, LLC can help.
A slip and fall accident can have a long-lasting impact on your health, your finances, and your future. Your injuries could prevent you from being able to work and enjoying your daily life. Not only can medical treatment be lengthy and expensive, but the emotional impact can affect you for the rest of your life.
Table of Contents
- Why Hire OnderLaw, LLC?
- Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents
- What Are Damages?
- Slip and Fall Accident Claim Process
- Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
- What is the Cost of a Slip and Fall Attorney?
- What Happens If I’m Not Happy with the Settlement Offer?
- Call Us to Schedule Your Free Consultation
Why Hire OnderLaw, LLC?
The attorneys, paralegals, and staff at [firm name] were all born and raised in the St. Louis area. Because of this, we have deep roots in the community, and we believe in getting justice for everyone here.
Whether we are battling with insurance companies or we are presenting your case to a jury, you can depend on us. We have been able to build a stellar reputation within the St. Louis community over the years.
We have had the privilege of being recognized by organizations, such as Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, Litigator Awards, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
We believe in open and honest communication with our clients. If you have any questions about your case, we will answer them for you. We handle all aspects of our clients’ cases from beginning to end, so you can focus solely on your recovery. Whether you’ve suffered injuries that are minor or life-threatening, your well-being is important to us, and we will make you and your case a priority.
At OnderLaw, LLC, we don’t believe in charging upfront costs to our clients. We work on contingency, so you don’t have to worry about paying us until you receive a settlement. Call us at (314) 963-9000 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents happen every day in St. Louis and across the U.S. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 2 million people are injured in falls each year due to hazardous flooring or floor materials.
This statistic should be lower, considering that most of these accidents are easily preventable. Whether you’re at a mall, grocery store, a public swimming pool, or anywhere else, it’s the owner’s responsibility to keep the area safe.
Unfortunately, even in the safest environments, accidents still happen. Factors that typically contribute to St. Louis slip and fall accidents include:
- Uneven surfaces
- Wet floors
- Loose rugs, mats, or floorboards
- Insufficient lighting
- Potholes in parking lots or crosswalks
- Cracks or damage to sidewalks
- Objects discarded where people walk
- Electrical cords and wiring not correctly tied up
Your fall may cause broken bones, a concussion, lacerations, or internal bleeding. Whatever your injuries, you can count on us to fight aggressively to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
We know your medical bills are piling up, and you’re stressed about how you’re going to afford to pay them. The attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC have years of experience working on cases like yours and reaching a favorable outcome.
We know how to negotiate with insurance companies and secure fair settlements for slip and fall cases. Our team prepares every case as if it will go to trial, so if a settlement can’t be reached, we’ll be ready to take your case to court to win the money you deserve. You should receive compensation for the harm you’ve suffered, and it is our mission to make that happen.
Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents
Often slip and fall accidents turn into punchlines, but there is nothing funny about a fall. Slip and fall accidents can be extremely dangerous and cause more than just strains and sprains. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that in 2014, falls were the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries.
A traumatic brain injury is a significant injury to the head that can result in long-term brain damage, memory loss, vision and hearing impairments, emotional issues, and other short- and long-term health consequences. The CDC also finds that more than 95 percent of hip fractures are caused by falls.
The health consequences of a slip and fall accident are serious and can be life-altering. Some of the most common injuries associated with falls include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones, especially arms, wrists, legs, and hips
- Dislocations, especially of the shoulder and hip
- Joint and knee injuries
- “Road rash”
The cost of treating these serious injuries can become overwhelming. Dealing with a serious slip and fall injury may also mean missing work to recover. Not only do victims see huge medical bills roll in, but they are also often unable to immediately return to work. No work means no paycheck, and that can spell disaster for an injured victim.
If a slip and fall accident has you struggling to pay the bills, consider contacting the law office of OnderLaw, LLC for help. We can review your situation and advise you of your legal options for recovering compensation to cover your medical bills and loss of income. Negligent property owners should not be able to avoid responsibility. Let us help you hold them accountable and earn you the compensation that you deserve.
What Are Damages?
In personal injury, damages are expenses you incur due to a direct result of an accident caused by someone’s negligence.
Every business and property owner in the state of Missouri is required to carry general liability insurance. These policies state how much money an injured person can recover to pay for their damages.
Depending on the at-fault party’s liability limits, we can seek compensation to cover your past and future expenses because of your injuries. Some of the damages you can claim include:
- Medical bills – This includes hospital, urgent care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, surgery, prescription medications, home health care, and psychiatric treatment
- Lost wages – This will cover any days you were unable to work, as well as any lost vacation or sick days
- Emotional distress – Proven psychiatric damage, such as anxiety, depression, or PTSD
- Future earning capacity – If your ability to work has become limited in some way because of your injuries, you can seek compensation for the difference in income
- Pain and suffering – Your pain and discomfort has affected your ability to lead a healthy life
- Wrongful death – Immediate family may be entitled to compensation if the injured party dies as a result of the accident
Providing documentation to the insurance company is vital in proving your claim. Make sure to keep receipts for any out-of-pocket expenses and prescriptions you needed for your injuries.
You can also keep a record of the days you were unable to work and any invoices you receive from your medical providers. The more evidence we can show, the better chance you’ll have of receiving a settlement.
Slip and Fall Accident Claim Process
When you hire OnderLaw, LLC to handle your slip and fall case, we’ll begin by filing a claim with the responsible party’s insurance company. To figure out who the appropriate person is to seek insurance information from, we’ll send a notice to the building or property manager.
Our notice will request the name of their insurance carrier and the policy number so we can directly notify their insurance company that we will be filing a claim on your behalf.
After we file your claim, we’ll collect all of the evidence we need to prove your claim is valid and that the named defendant should be held liable for your injuries. Some of the evidence we’ll collect includes the following:
- Incident reports
- Video surveillance
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Photos of the scene where you fall took place
- Photos of your injuries
Providing the insurance company with sufficient evidence will help to build a stronger case for you. Insurance companies don’t like to reach appropriate settlement agreements and will do whatever it takes to deny your claim.
When we’re able to prove there was negligence based on the evidence we obtain, it will be difficult for the insurance company to refuse a payout.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
Being involved in a slip and fall accident can be scary. There are a million different things to think about, and none of them involve how to strengthen your case against a negligent property owner. In the moment, all you want to do is get back up, deal with your injuries, and avoid embarrassing questions.
However, there are some simple steps that you can take, both immediately after an accident and in the longer term, to help give you the best chance possible at receiving fair compensation after a slip and fall incident. Try to keep these helpful tips in mind:
Get Medical Help Immediately
- Even if you feel fine, you need to get medical help immediately after a slip and fall accident. Symptoms of head injuries may not appear serious at first but can quickly deteriorate into a life-threatening condition. Seeing a medical professional also helps to establish medical records indicating that you were involved in a slip and fall accident and immediately sought treatment for your injuries. Gaps or delays in treatment can hinder valid compensation claims.
Document Everything When Possible
- If it is possible, try to take photos and document the scene of the accident. If there is uneven carpeting, cracks in the floor, or spills, take photos and make notes about the scene. Write down the date, time, exact location, and other details. Keep clothing and shoes from the day of the accident as well. If possible, also take note of who was there at the time of the accident. Gather witness names and phone numbers.
Report the Accident
- Make sure to officially report the accident. If you were at a store, apartment building, or office, talk to the manager or owner. There may be an accident report that you or the manager need to fill out. Be sure that you get a copy of that report for your own records.
Follow All Medical Recommendations
- After the accident, it is important to continue with follow-up care for your injuries. This keeps you on the road to recovery and establishes more medical documentation about the seriousness of your condition. Be sure to take your medication, if any was prescribed, and follow all of your doctor’s orders. Do not miss medical appointments and do not stray from the doctor’s treatment plan.
Keep Communication to a Minimum
- It is important not to admit fault or take the blame for an accident. In fact, it is better to keep all communication about the accident to a minimum. When talking to anyone, especially the property owner or insurance company, stick to statements of fact. Always keep a file of communications to and from involved parties and insurance adjusters. Stay off social media.
Contact an Attorney
- The best way to protect your rights and get fair compensation for your injuries is to hire an experienced slip and fall accident attorney. An attorney can be your advocate, working to negotiate a full and fair settlement on your behalf.
Talk to a Lawyer for Free
What is Your Case Worth?
What is the Cost of a Slip and Fall Attorney?
The legal team at OnderLaw, LLC understands the major financial burden that has been suddenly placed on your shoulders after a serious slip and fall accident. It may be hard to keep the everyday bills paid, not to mention covering the added burden of medical costs. Add to that the fact that you may be temporarily out of work while you recover, and the financial strain can become overwhelming. It can seem like a stretch to consider hiring an attorney to help you try and recover compensation: another financial burden that you can’t imagine paying for right now.
At OnderLaw, LLC, we don’t want money to keep you from getting the help you need and deserve. What does it cost to talk to an attorney today? Nothing. At OnderLaw, LLC, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation to get you started. You can talk to an attorney, we will review your situation, and we can lay out your legal options for pursuing compensation for a slip and fall accident.
However, we don’t stop there. If we think we can help you and you are ready for an attorney to get involved, we work for you on a contingency basis. That means that you don’t owe us for working on your case until we get compensation for you and you get paid.
The legal team at OnderLaw, LLC makes it easy for you to get started down the path to justice. If you are ready to talk about your legal options, contact our team at (314) 963-9000. It doesn’t cost you anything upfront, and you only have valuable compensation to gain. Let’s talk about how we can help you today.
What Happens If I’m Not Happy with the Settlement Offer?
Any settlement offer that an insurance company makes isn’t final unless you sign their settlement documents. Our goal is to reach a favorable settlement for you.
If you’re not happy with the settlement offer, we can go back and negotiate with the insurance company until you’re satisfied with the compensation they’re offering. In many cases, if the insurance company denies your claim or offers an amount much less than you expected, we can file a lawsuit.
In the state of Missouri, the statute of limitations requires that a lawsuit be filed within five years from the date of the slip and fall accident. If your lawsuit is not filed within that time, you lose the option ever to file a lawsuit for that particular accident.
That’s why hiring an attorney from OnderLaw, LLC is so important. We know all the statutes and laws we need to pay attention to in our clients’ St. Louis slip and fall accidents.
The attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC are skilled slip and fall lawyers who won’t back down from a fight. We have years of trial experience and know the steps we need to take to show a jury that you deserve compensation for your pain and suffering.
After we file a lawsuit, we’ll continue to collect any evidence we deem necessary to justify the compensation we’re requesting. We’ll take depositions from anyone we believe can shed light on your accident and help prove your injuries were the result of another party’s negligence.
When we go to trial, we’ll fight aggressively with opposing counsel and won’t accept anything less than the maximum compensation we believe you should receive.
Call Us to Schedule Your Free Consultation
At OnderLaw, LLC, we understand the financial burden you are under because of your injuries. We don’t want to add to that burden. That’s why we offer free consultations. There’s absolutely no risk or obligation to speak with us about your accident. When you hire us, we’ll represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means that you won’t owe us anything until we win your case.
From the time you come through our doors, we will treat you like family. We give all our clients one on one attention, so you always feel like you’re a priority to us. We care about you and will work to resolve your case as efficiently as possible so you can get back to enjoying your life.
Our St. Louis slip and fall attorneys are waiting to speak with you, so call us at (314) 963-9000 and schedule your consultation today.