Are you or a loved one suffering from a brain injury after a St. Louis accident? If so, you might be entitled to significant compensation and should contact a St. Louis injury lawyer. Brain injuries from accidents like falls, explosions, and daycare abuse have major impacts that often disrupt not only the lives of victims but also everyone around them. Victims of these types of injuries typically have to deal with costly medical bills, invasive treatments, and other devastating changes for the rest of their lives.
If someone else’s negligence has left you with a brain injury, they should pay for the pain they’ve caused you. An experienced brain injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact the skilled brain injury attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC today, and see how we can help you get on the road to recovery. Call us at (314) 963-9000 or reach us online to set up your free consultation.
How Can a Brain Injury Lawyer Help Me After a St. Louis Accident?
Accidents that cause brain injuries are devastating. Beyond going through the physical and emotional trauma of the accident, trying to deal with skyrocketing medical bills and aggressive insurance representatives is overwhelming when you’re just trying to recover from your injuries. However, you don’t have to handle this all by yourself. An experience brain injury attorney can help ease this burden, so you can focus on your recovery.
After an accident, insurance companies often contact victims to try to talk them into a low settlement or trick them into saying something they can use to deny or reduce their claim. These companies know how costly brain injuries are, so they have a major incentive to do all they can to avoid paying victims all that they’re owed. It can be impossible to get maximum compensation for your injuries without the help of a skilled brain injury lawyer.
An experienced attorney can deal with insurance on your behalf. They can gather the evidence necessary to prove who was responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, demonstrate the extent of your injuries, and determine how much money you might be owed. They can also help make sure you don’t miss any important deadlines that can jeopardize your rights. In Missouri, you only have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit after an accident. After this deadline passes, it might be impossible for you to get any money for your injuries.
When victims try to deal with accident claims on their own, it’s easy to only think about current expenses and forget how much money the injury might cost them in the future. An industry leading brain injury lawyer can negotiate with insurance to try to get you compensation to cover both the immediate and long-term costs of your injuries. If insurance won’t agree to a fair settlement, then your attorney can help you file a lawsuit, represent you in court, and fight for your legal rights and maximum compensation.
Why Is OnderLaw, LLC the Best Law Firm to Handle My Brain Injury Case?
For more than three decades, the skilled attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC have been helping clients just like you get justice and maximum compensation for their injuries. As demonstrated by our stellar case results and numerous industry awards, the top-quality lawyers at OnderLaw, LLC go above and beyond to help clients get back on the road to recovery. We’ve helped people across St. Louis and surrounding areas recover hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars after they were injured because of someone else’s reckless actions.
With OnderLaw, LLC, you can be sure that you’re not just another number because our compassionate attorneys are deeply dedicated to outstanding service in all areas of their lives. We provide clients with outstanding legal skills and the personal attention they deserve, plus we regularly serve our St. Louis community through support for local nonprofits.
If you or a loved one have suffered from a brain injury, the experienced team at OnderLaw, LLC is here to help. Contact us today at (314) 963-9000 or online to schedule a free consultation and see how we can help you get on the road to recovery.
Which Types of Brain Injury Cases Does OnderLaw, LLC Handle?
All different kinds of accidents can cause brain injuries, and the seriousness of these injuries varies greatly. No matter the cause or severity of your injury, OnderLaw, LLC is ready to help you fight for your legal rights. Some of the most common brain injury cases we see include:
- Mild Brain Injuries. The impacts of these types of injuries are usually temporary and often heal on their own. Mild brain injuries might involve impacts like momentary confusion or nausea from a single concussion.
- Moderate Brain Injuries. Effects from these types of injuries last longer than with mild injuries, but they are typically still short-term. Victims of moderate brain injuries from events like violent shaking might experience confusion or other troubles for several weeks, but they usually get better with proper treatment.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs). People with traumatic brain injuries might not ever recover from their injuries. TBIs from things like skull fractures can have permanent consequences like loss of speech, paralysis, or an inability to remember or learn new facts.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get After a Brain Injury?
Since the impacts of brain injuries are so severe and so expensive, compensation in these types of cases can reach into the millions of dollars range. While the specific amount of money you might be able to recover will depend on the details of your case, compensation in brain injury cases typically covers things like:
- Wages lost while you are recovering from your injuries
- The possibility of comparable income lost if you are unable to return to your previous position due to your injuries
- Outstanding medical bills
- Future medical expenses, including costs like doctor appointments, surgeries, treatments, medication, reconstructive operations, in-home care, intensive rehabilitation, physical therapy, psychological therapy, travel to medical visits
- Disability accommodations, such as a wheelchair, breathing machine, or changes to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering or emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life, such as the loss of consortium or reduced ability to participate in enjoyable activities
Are There Some Common Causes of Brain Injuries?
Brain injuries can result from a variety of traumatic events. However, some of the most common causes of these injuries include:
- Car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle wrecks, and other motor vehicle incidents
- Violent attacks, such as shaken baby syndrome from daycare abuse, gunshots, or assault
- Military attacks, including direct combat and explosions
- Falls from playground equipment or other tall objects or blows to the head during a slip and fall accident
- High-impact sports, including football, boxing, and hockey
What are Symptoms and Possible Long-term Effects of Brain Injuries?
If you or a loved one have been in an accident, your health is the number one priority. If you didn’t get medical treatment at the time of the accident, see a doctor as soon as possible to have your injuries evaluated. A medical professional can help you get timely treatment and reduce the chance of your injuries causing long-term damage. In the case of a possible brain injury, some of the symptoms the doctor might look for include:
- Unexpected behavioral changes, such as difficulty with self-control, impulsivity, anger, depression, or mood swings
- Communication problems, including trouble talking or inability to form clear sentences
- Physical difficulties, such as problems moving arms, hearing, or smelling
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden trouble with cognitive abilities like making decisions, concentrating, remembering things, learning new skills, or using proper judgement
While some of the above symptoms might be temporary, victims of traumatic brain injuries often experience permanent impacts. The injury might be so severe that the victim has to permanently quit their job or drop out of school. The TBI might make it impossible to participate in enjoyable activities like sports or music. Victims sometimes even need to hire a fulltime caregiver if they can no longer take care of their basic needs like eating, getting dressed, and going to the bathroom.
All of these impacts are astronomically expensive and can ruin the finances of victims and their families. Additionally, the abrupt changes that brain injuries cause typically strain the victim’s relationship with their spouse, children, parents, other family members, and friends, which can lead to serious consequences like depression, loneliness, divorce, or suicidal thoughts.
Contact OnderLaw, LLC Today for Help With Your Brain Injury Case
If you or a loved one are struggling with a brain injury, you don’t have to go through this alone. OnderLaw, LLC is here to stand by your side and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait a moment long to get on the road to recovery. Contact our compassionate brain injury attorneys today at (314) 963-9000 or through our online form to set up a free and confidential consultation.