Have you been injured in a Santa Ana accident that wasn’t your fault? Were your injuries caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent choices? If so, the good news is that you don’t have to face the challenges of recovery alone. An experienced Santa Ana personal injury attorney can help. You might be owed financial compensation for the cost of your injuries and the pain and suffering you experienced.
About Santa Ana
The city of Santa Ana serves as the county seat of Orange County and lends its name to the Santa Ana Freeway that cuts through its heart. Part of the greater Los Angeles area, the city also shares its moniker with the nearby Santa Ana mountains. Orange County’s largest city entertains residents and visitors alike in its thriving downtown arts community. You can enjoy galleries, boutiques, theatres, and sidewalk cafes.
And that’s just the city. Gorgeous beaches are a hop, skip, and a jump away. Drive a short distance to visit world-renowned theme parks. In short, Santa Ana offers a SoCal experience for everyone to enjoy. Whether you call this beautiful city home or just stopped in for lunch, it’s worth lingering in Santa Ana.
While Santa Ana offers everything you could want in entertainment, shopping, and the arts, it’s not always safe. The many roads and highways that crisscross the area are full of other responsible drivers. Unfortunately, they’re also home to irresponsible and reckless drivers. If you’ve been injured in a Santa Ana car crash or another incident, don’t wait to get help.
A Santa Ana personal injury lawyer at OnderLaw, LLC can help you pursue the maximum possible settlement for injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, job site accidents, and nursing home abuse injuries. If you lost a loved one due to negligence or recklessness, we can offer you compassionate advice and pursue a wrongful death claim. There’s no way to erase your suffering, but a OnderLaw, LLC attorney can fight for every penny you lost due to missed work, lost earning potential, medical bills, insurance copays, property damage, and the mental and emotional trauma the accident caused.
The Santa Ana personal injury lawyers at OnderLaw, LLC have been serving clients just like you for nearly two decades, so we know what the challenges you and your family are facing. We’ve represented injured clients in Santa Ana and across the United States, and we’ve developed deep expertise in personal injury cases. Our experience has given us equally deep compassion for our clients. We want to hear your story, understand how the injury affected you, and fight for your right to a just settlement.
Over the years, we’ve learned to build relationships with our clients first and then use that personal connection while we take on massive insurance companies. This technique has worked well for our many clients who’ve won over $3.5 billion in compensation from at-fault parties. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more about how we can assist you. We’re available by phone at (314) 963-9000 or use our contact page. Don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re ready and waiting to help you recoup your losses and start a renewed life.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in Santa Ana
Insurance companies are businesses. That means your well-being is not their priority. Paying your claim will hurt their bottom line. That’s bad business, so you can expect a lowball offer or even a denial if you try to negotiate on your own. That will fall well short of what you need to recover your losses and you don’t have to accept it.
After the accident, you may receive a call from an insurance representative. They might ask you for a statement. It’s important to understand that they hope to use your response against you. As soon as possible, tell the insurance adjuster that they should speak to your lawyer. At OnderLaw, LLC, we can interface with the insurance company on your behalf and protect your right to full and fair compensation from the at-fault party and their insurer.
It’s difficult to manage your medical recovery and initiate a complicated insurance process at the same time. Our legal team knows this well. Your focus should be your health. Trusting a Santa Ana personal injury lawyer can take the pressure off. We can investigate the incident that caused your injury, gather necessary statements and evidence, and build a clear legal argument that demands compensation from the insurance companies so that you don’t have to.
Injured victims sometimes worry that they can’t afford a lawyer to help. Please contact to find out how we can initiate your claim without you paying a cent. We put our clients first. If fact, we won’t make even a single penny until and unless you win a settlement or judgment. At OnderLaw, LLC, our compassionate, knowledgeable lawyers want to serve you and put your interests first.
Common Injury Claims in Santa Ana
Every Santa Ana personal injury claim is unique, but they often fall into a category that we’ve seen before. Our practice areas include the following.
Motor Vehicle Accidents:
- Car accidents
- Single-car accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Multi-car accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Rollover accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bite accidents
- Slip and falls
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
- Fires/Burn injuries
- Accidents caused by inadequate security
- School accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Accidents at theme parks
- Workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents (cars, trucks, commercial vehicles)
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Exposure to hazardous fumes
- Accidents from falling debris
- Accidents from flying objects
- Accidents from heavy machinery
- Workplace conflict or violence
- Slip and fall accidents
- Failed/delayed illness diagnoses
- Failed/delayed injury diagnoses
- Incorrect illness/injury diagnoses
- Medication overdoses
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Slip and falls
Common Injuries Suffered in Accidents in Santa Ana
Injuries caused by Santa Ana accidents can vary from minimal to life-altering and even fatal. Injuries are unique just like accidents. Common injuries we see include the following:
Motor vehicle accident injuries:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
Premises liability accident injuries:
- Fractured bones
- Head/neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Drowning injuries
- Dog-bite-related infections
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
Workers’ compensation accident injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
Nursing home abuse injuries:
- Broken bones
- Severe bruising
- Hot spots
- Choking injuries
- Head/neck injuries
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Emotional distress
- Infected wounds
- Neglect-related illnesses
What Compensation Am I Owed?
Compensation is calculated based on something called damages. Damages describe the harm the accident caused and break down into three categories: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
Economic damages relate to any financial losses you’ve suffered. They can include:
- Medical expenses. Money to cover any costs incurred during your medical care after the accident. This can include co-pays, medical bills, prescription costs, and any other miscellaneous expenses related to your care. In order to build the strongest case possible, your OnderLaw, LLC will need a copy of your medical records. Keep copies of all your bills and receipts.
- Lost wages/earning potential. You might be owed the money that you lost due to missed work after the accident. This includes time missed for recovery and medical appointments. If you’ve suffered a permanent disability or injury that prevents you from returning to your job, you can also claim damages for lost earning potential. Keep copies of check stubs and punch cards to show the time you missed and the difference between your earnings before and after the accident.
- Property damage. The damages include any expenses related to property damaged or destroyed by the accident. It can cover the cost of repair or replacement of a totaled car, for example. Talk to your attorney to determine the property damages you might be owed.
Non-economic damages are a little bit different from economic damages. Where economic damages are calculated based on documented expenses, non-economic damages cover physical, emotional, or mental pain that you suffered as a result of the injury.
- Physical pain. We’ll calculate a figure to represent the physical pain you suffered as a result of the injuries from the accident, including future pain.
- Lost the enjoyment. After an accident, it’s common for emotional trauma and physical pain to limit your ability to enjoy life the way you did before the accident. This form of suffering is incorporated into non-economic damages.
- Emotional pain. Emotional trauma has documentable effects on sufferers such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Mental anguish. This describes the financial stress, worry, and fear for the future caused by the accident. It can be included in your demand for compensation for non-economic damages.
It might be helpful to keep a daily journal or diary to document the mental and emotional effects of your injury. This will give you an outlet to express your feelings and help substantiate your claim for non-economic damages. Speak to a personal injury attorney in Santa Ana to find out more.
Punitive damages. These damages are relatively rare. They punish criminally negligent, reckless, or malicious behavior. In cases where the person or persons who caused your injury did so in an especially egregious manner, a judge or jury may award punitive damages to discourage similar behavior in the future.
California Accident Statistics
- A 2019 Centers for Disease Control found that accidents killed Californians 15,116 that year.
- In 2018, the California Office of Traffic Safety documented the following traffic accident death statistics:
- 1,069 drunk driving deaths
- 42 percent of all traffic fatalities were affected by a drunk or drugged driver
- 488 motorcycle deaths
- 155 cyclist deaths
- 893 pedestrian deaths
- A 2018 Centers for Disease Control report shows that 40 of every 100,000 seniors aged 65 and older died after a fall.
- In 2019, 451 workers were killed on the job, according to the State of California Department of Industrial Relations.
- The California DIR determined that 483 Californian workers were injured on the job in 2019.
- Dogsbite.org reports that:
- 4.5 million Americans suffer dog bites every year.
- An estimated 27,000 dog bite injuries require reconstructive surgery.
- The San Luis Obispo Tribune reported that in 2017, 488 Californians were bitten by dogs, the highest figure in the country for that year.
Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims in Santa Ana
File your Santa Ana personal injury claim as soon as possible. There are strict deadlines called statutes of limitations that require you to file within a certain period to qualify for compensation.
- You have two years from the date of the injury or its discovery to file a claim for almost all accidents.
- You will have one year from the day of the injury or its discovery for medical malpractice.
- You are limited to six months from the date of the injury for government agency accidents.
Resources for injury victims:
If you’ve been injured in a Santa Ana accident, here are some helpful resources:
- Kindred Hospital Santa Ana
- Address: 1901 College Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92706
- Phone: (714) 564-7800
- Orange County Global Medical Center
- Address: 2615 Chester Ave, Santa Ana, CA 93301
- Phone: (714) 953-3500
- South Coast Global Medical Center
- Address: 2701 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Phone: (714) 754-5454
- KPC Inc.
- Address: 1301 N Tustin Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Phone: (714) 953-3652
- Santa Ana Police Department
- Address: 60 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Phone: (714) 245-8665
- Sheriff’s Office
- Address: 550 N Flower St, Santa Ana, CA 92703
- Phone: (714) 647-7000
DMV / Accident Reports
- DMV Santa Ana
- Address: 1330 E First St, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Phone: (800) 777-0133
Why Choose OnderLaw, LLC?
Most firms will treat you as just another client, but we live and die by our connections to our clients. We build close relationships with our clients from our first meeting because we know it strengthens our practice. Our founder, Jim Onder, put his clients first when he began the practice nearly two decades ago, and it has carried our firm to extraordinary heights. We have an army of satisfied clients who feel more like family and have earned them over $3 billion in settlements. That’s only the beginning.
From the moment that you pick up the phone to speak with one of our highly-skilled team members to the moment you agree to a settlement, you’ll be our top priority.
Communication is the key to a healthy working relationship, so we make every effort to answer your questions and keep you fully informed of the progress of your claim. We believe that relationships thrive with trust and consistency. Forging this bond allows us to connect to your story genuinely and make stronger arguments on your behalf. These steps help give us that little extra to push for just compensation on your behalf.
Our experience, effectiveness, and results are unparalleled. If you’ve suffered an injury due to someone else’s recklessness or negligence, you need someone in your corner that you can trust. There’s no better choice than the Santa Ana personal injury lawyers at OnderLaw, LLC.
Contact OnderLaw, LLC for High-Quality Legal Representation in Santa Ana
Let the highly-qualified and effective lawyers at OnderLaw, LLC take it from here. You and your family deserve the very best, and we’re prepared to deliver it. Don’t let the moment pass without demanding compensation form the at-fault party and their insurer.
Pick up the phone and call us today at [phone number] or scroll over to our online contact form. We’re here to get you back on your feet and reclaim as much of what you lost as possible.