Were you seriously injured in a car accident caused by a negligent or reckless driver? Are you struggling under the weight of medical expenses, lost wages, property damage costs, and other losses? Or, have you been forced to return to work before you’re healed in order to cover the cost of living?
You shouldn’t have to bear the financial strain of an accident caused by a negligent driver. The Newport Beach personal injury attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC are ready to fight for you and the compensation you deserve.
We are a team of accomplished attorneys who have a deep commitment to providing exceptional representation to injury victims. Together, our attorneys have secured more than $3.5 billion on behalf of those we’ve represented.
We firmly believe that the cornerstone of our success is the time we take to get to know each client personally. We’ll craft a legal strategy tailored to your needs and goals, and we’ll also work hard to help you in every way we can, whether it’s finding a medical specialist or solving your transportation challenges.
Our legal excellence is the byproduct of our highly trained, experienced staff and our compassionate approach. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you to bring your case to the best possible outcome.
Don’t hesitate to contact our Newport Beach car accident attorneys at (314) 963-9000 for a free consultation. We’ll review your case in detail and help you understand your legal options.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
According to 2017 data from California Highway Patrol, there were a total of 197,146 vehicle collisions in California that resulted in fatalities or injuries. That same year in Newport Beach, there were 624 crashes involving fatalities or injuries, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety, while in Newport Beaches’ Orange County, there were 21,969 crashes involving fatalities or injuries.
That means that just over 10% of the life-altering accidents in the state of California occurred in Newport Beach’s own county.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents follow:
- Distracted driving – Actions that take a driver’s attention off the task of driving, such as texting, changing the radio, or eating food
- Impaired driving – When a driver is impaired by alcohol or drugs, their judgment, vision, depth perception, and reaction time are all negatively impacted.
- Speeding – Driving past the speed limit or at speeds that are not safe for conditions can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle or fail to stop in time to prevent an accident.
- Road defects – Potholes, uneven roads, inadequate lighting, and malfunctioning traffic lights can all lead to dangerous car accidents.
- Fatigued driving – Any person who drives while drowsy can suffer symptoms similar to someone who’s under the influence of alcohol.
- Reckless and aggressive driving – Tailgating, changing lanes without using a turn signal, and weaving in and out of traffic are all examples of recklessness that can cause an accident.
- Road construction – Failing to slow down and obey warning signs in a construction zone can result in a multi-vehicle crash.
- Defective car parts – A manufacturer may be liable for an accident if errors during the design or manufacturing process led to faulty parts, such as brakes, tires, and steering mechanisms.
How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Car accident injuries can be severe, requiring long-term medical treatment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and costly medications. You’re likely feeling financial as well as physical strain, but when you’re trying to recover, taking on a complicated insurance claim is likely the last thing you want to do.
You may be tempted to take the first offer the at-fault party’s insurance company gives you, but doing so will likely mean that you’re settling for much less than your case is worth. This means that you could be liable for any long-term medical bills, lost income from missed work, or any other devastating losses related to your accident.
Insurance companies are, above all, for-profit entities, and they will do everything they can to protect their bottom line. They will try to minimize the value of your claim or even deny your claim outright. An experienced attorney will know how to build a case on your behalf to protect your interests.
At OnderLaw, LLC, our attorneys will take the following steps to relieve your stress and help you secure the compensation you need:
- We will meticulously investigate your accident and gather evidence to support your claim, such as police reports, medical records, surveillance videos, cell phone records, and more.
- We will take statements from eyewitnesses who can speak to fault in your case.
- We will hire expert witnesses, when needed, such as medical experts who can speak to the extent of your injuries and accident reconstruction specialists who can recreate the scene of the accident.
- We will deal with debt collectors harassing you about medical bills.
- We will help you find medical specialists, if needed.
- We will estimate the value of the compensation you’re owed.
- We will file your insurance claim and make sure every deadline is met.
- We will negotiate assertively with the insurance company to secure compensation on your behalf.
- We will prepare your case for court in the event that the insurance company fails to offer you a fair settlement.
What Types of Compensation Could I Be Owed?
The value of any car accident injury claim can vary widely, depending on the circumstances of the accident. With the help of a skilled attorney, however, crash victims are typically able to recover compensation for the following types of accident-related damages:
- Current and future medical costs
- Caregiving, therapy, and transportation costs
- Property damage-related repairs
- Lost income due to missed work
- Lost future income due to disability
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life
What to Do After a Car Crash in Newport Beach
Car crashes are traumatic, and it can be difficult to know what to do immediately following an accident. Here are some important steps you can take to protect your health and ensure the best possible outcome in your case:
- Move away from danger – If the vehicles involved in the accident are still functional, move them to the side of the road to prevent any more accidents and injuries.
- Contact the police – A dispatcher will summon emergency medical services, if needed, and also send a police officer to investigate the accident and write an accident report. The accident report can later provide crucial evidence for your injury claim.
- Collect contact information – Collect the insurance and contact information from every party involved in the accident. If witnesses are present, collect their contact information as well.
- Collect evidence – If your injuries allow, take pictures of the scene of the accident, any property damage, and your injuries. Following the accident, document your injuries, medical bills, treatment costs, and a record of all medical appointments for any accident-related injuries.
- Seek medical attention – If you didn’t receive treatment from emergency medical services, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible following your accident. Even if your injuries seem minor, internal injuries do not always show symptoms right away, so a medical exam may reveal injuries you’re not aware of. In addition, waiting days or weeks to see a doctor allows insurance companies to use gaps in treatment as a reason to deny claims.
- Get a damage estimate – Take your car to a repair shop to get an estimate of how much it will cost to repair or replace your vehicle.
Why Choose OnderLaw, LLC?
Since founding the firm nearly twenty years ago, Jim Onder and the legal team at OnderLaw, LLC have established a reputation for providing compassionate, personalized representation that yields positive outcomes. Several prestigious legal organizations, such as the Multi-Million and Million Dollar Advocates Forum, have recognized our attorneys as the top one-to-two percent in the nation, based on our dedication to our clients and our successful case results.
At OnderLaw, LLC, every client is like a member of our own family. We’ll listen to your story and take the time to understand all of your needs. Then we’ll advocate relentlessly for your best interests. We know you’re facing one of the biggest challenges of your life, so we’re committed to being there for you whenever you need us. Our friendly, award-winning staff is there for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Finally, we want to make sure that all of our clients receive quality representation regardless of what they can pay. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means that if we don’t win, you don’t pay. Ever. We are here for you. If you have been wrongfully injured, we are standing by, ready to fight for you.
Contact OnderLaw, LLC Today
If you have been injured in a car accident in Newport Beach or the surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to contact the caring, skilled team of car accident attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC. Since our firm was founded, we have helped numerous car accident victims recover the fair compensation they deserve. We’re ready to get to work and earn your trust. Contact us now for your free consultation by calling (314) 963-9000 or filling out our online form.