Moreno Valley Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
If you are one of the million Americans who have suffered an injury from a slip and fall accident this year, you may be suffering from a fracture, sprain, cuts, bruises, damage to internal organs, or worse. You have seen a doctor and are trying to recover at home. Or you may be in the hospital, unable to get around. Either way, you are in pain.
You may also be concerned about mounting medical bills, the loss of work, burdening loved ones with your care and having ongoing medical problems in the future. The last thing you need right now is the hassle of dealing with your insurance company and the individual, business, or government agency who may have caused your slip and fall injury.
That’s where the Moreno Valley personal injury lawyers of OnderLaw, LLC come in. We are ready to hear all about your accident, to advise you about your best legal options to pursue compensation and to give you the support and guidance you need at this critical time. Call OnderLaw, LLC at (314) 963-9000 today to get started with a free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer? Why Choose OnderLaw, LLC?
You are already saddled with hospital, physician, and medical costs. You certainly don’t need the headache of completing endless paperwork in order to get the money you deserve from the negligent party. The legal team at OnderLaw, LLC will handle every aspect of your personal injury case, including dealing with the insurance company. We will manage all communications related to your claim on your behalf, so you won’t have to be worried about accidentally saying something that might cost you in the long run.
How much will it cost to get the legal help you need? You won’t pay a cent upfront for our services because we work on a contingency basis. We are paid only after your case is settled or won. Our goal is to get you the compensation you are entitled to so you can get back to your daily routine.
Time is important following a slip and fall accident. In California, you have two years from the date of the accident to begin your legal claim. And if your accident occurred because of the negligence of a government employee, your claim must be started within six months.
OnderLaw, LLC meets deadlines every day. Let us take the worry about deadlines off your shoulders. We are committed to helping you regain your physical and emotional health and the funds you need to do that in a timely manner. We have won over $4 billion in settlements for their clients. You can be one of those people too.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
When people trip over something, they can slip, fall, and suffer injuries or even death. Falls can occur at home, at businesses, at work, and even when walking on a sidewalk. According to the NSC (National Safety Council), emergency room staffs treat millions of people for injuries due to slip and fall accidents yearly.
The NSC lists these hazards that can lead to slips and falls:
- Clutter on floors and other surfaces
- Loose cords on walkways
- Stairways without handrails
- Open drawers
- Poor lighting (indoors and out)
- Narrow walkways
- Unsecured ladders
OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) pinpoints unsafe conditions that can result in slips and falls in the workplace:
- Slippery floors
- Spills left unattended
- Unsafe walkways due to inclement weather
- Poorly lit work and walking areas
- Unsecured ladders
- Poorly maintained stairs
- Lack of secure handrails
EHS (Environment, Health and Safety programs) notes these possibilities for slip and fall accidents:
- Elevated areas
- Open-sided platforms that lack handrails
- Open storage containers
Numerous studies conclude that slips and falls outdoors are often caused by:
- Tripping over objects
- Falling on walkways and roads that are damaged, uneven, or slippery due to inclement weather
These are just some of the causes of slip and fall accident cases that OnderLaw, LLC handles. Our excellent legal team helps accident victims in Moreno Valley to get the money they deserve due to the negligence of others.
Property Owner/Manager Responsibilities
If your slip and fall occurred at a property in California owned by someone else, you may have a solid personal injury case. Whether your accident happened at a residence or a business, the property owner may have been negligent if they failed to provide a safe space. Did you trip you over a stray object? Did you fall on an uneven or slippery floor or sidewalk? Poor lighting could be at fault anywhere on the property. No matter where or how your accident occurred on the property, the lawyers at OnderLaw, LLC will stay with you every step of the way through your case. We have the experience and know-how to investigate your claim and determine whether negligence on the part of the property owner or their staff caused your injury.
The NCSL (National Council of State Legislatures) identifies the following safety measures for property owners:
- Lighting and wiring must be well maintained.
- All walkways, floors, stairways, and railings must be damage-free.
- The grounds and structures must be clean and free of clutter.
If you believe that any of these conditions were not met and contributed to your injury, call (314) 963-9000 today for your free consultation with a member of our legal team.
Common Injuries Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
You have suffered a slip and fall accident, but you are not alone. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) reports that hundreds of thousands of people are hospitalized each year due to slip and fall injuries. Twenty percent of these accidents result in bone fractures or injuries to the head. Some people who fall are not seriously injured, but may suffer psychological issues due to their accident.
No matter what type of trauma you are experiencing, you should be able to get the money you deserve to deal with it. OnderLaw, LLC lawyers are committed to helping you get the job done.
According to the CDC, the most common types of injuries caused by slip and fall accidents are:
- Fractures and sprains of arms, wrists, legs, ankles,
- Broken hips
- Head injuries
- Injury to the skin and other soft tissues
- A decrease in mobility due to fears of falling again
If you are suffering from any of these injuries due to your fall, first get medical care, and then call or contact OnderLaw, LLC at (314) 963-9000.
Compensation for Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
As a Moreno Valley resident, the amount of money, or damages, you can expect to get depends on the details of your case. In California, damages can include:
- Medical expenses such as doctor visits, hospital care, and prescriptions
- Lost wages
- Inability to work in the same way as before your accident
- Therapy, physical or psychological
- Damage to personal property
- Wrongful death
At OnderLaw, LLC, we will explore all of the details related to your case, calculate what your compensation should be to make sure that all your losses are covered and pursue a fair settlement on your behalf.
What You Should Do When You are Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident
If you or someone you know suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident, you must act right away. Regaining your health or that of your loved one is your first priority. You should:
- Seek medical care from a physician or hospital for yourself or your loved one immediately after the incident.
- Follow all medically prescribed procedures after the injury has been evaluated and treated. Continue any after-care directives if prescribed by the physician.
- Report the incident in writing to the property owner, maintenance staff, or homeowner where the slip and fall occurred. Take photos of the unsafe area, and preserve the clothes you were wearing.
- Keep a copy of all hospital, doctor’s office, and therapist visits records. You can get this information from the facilities themselves.
- Maintain a list of all of the expenses you incur for your medical care, prescriptions, housekeeping help, and transportation.
- If you received (or are receiving) rehabilitation services or home health care visits, get copies of your health care directives from your doctor.
- Stay off social media. The insurance company and their lawyers may view your social media accounts to see if they can find information to use to deny or reduce compensation for your claim.
The highly professional legal team at OnderLaw, LLC is always ready to take care of the many details and endless stream of paperwork involved in getting you the money you need to return to your daily routine. If someone was negligent, and you suffered a slip and fall injury because of it, they are responsible. But In order to get money for a slip and fall accident, the negligence of the other person has to be proven. Our lawyers have the experience and drive to get the job done.
Get Help from OnderLaw, LLC Today
You pay no money upfront when our legal team handles your case. There is nothing to lose by picking up your phone and calling (314) 963-9000. Or you can contact us online, and we will get back to you promptly. When OnderLaw, LLC is handling your case, you can rest easy knowing that we are working for you.