Call For Your Free Consultation
(314) 963-9000
Jefferson Co. officer dragged by car during drug arrest

Jefferson Co. officer dragged by car during drug arrest

Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2020

BIG RIVER TOWNSHIP, MO (JEFFERSON COUNTY) – An officer was dragged by a vehicle after his arm got stuck in a car door during a drug-related arrest Friday.

According to KSDK, the incident happened at about 1:30 a.m. when a Jefferson County Sheriff’s deputy went to investigate a scene on the Morse Mill River access road. During the investigation, one of the people involved in the incident was discovered to have a warrant out for drug possession.

After the officer attempted to make an arrest, the suspect started his vehicle and began driving, trapping the deputy’s arm in the space between the car frame and the door itself.

The deputy ran alongside the vehicle during the drive, though it is unclear at what point his arm was released.

The suspect collided with the officer’s vehicle then continued driving in the eastbound lanes of Highway 30, leading officials on a pursuit. He was apprehended near Cedar Hill and taken into police custody.

It appears that the officer was not seriously injured in the accident.

This article is one in a series presented by OnderLaw, LLC to inform our neighbors about car accidents and traffic news across our city. It should not be interpreted as legal advice. However, if you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, we would like to discuss your case in detail. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, your lost income, and other expenses. More importantly, the only way to fight for justice or fix the root cause of many accidents is to enlist the help of an experienced attorney that has the possibility to effect change and can prevent this from happening to another family. Contact us today to speak to one of our compassionate St. Louis pedestrian accident attorneys.

It's not just a case, it's your life.

Talk to a Lawyer for Free

What is Your Case Worth?