Have you or a loved one experienced a serious accident? Did another person’s reckless or negligent behavior cause your injury? You do not have to suffer this devastating experience alone. The Ferguson personal injury attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC are ready to fight for you and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Across the state of Missouri, devastating accidents occur every day, despite laws and regulations that aim to make the state as safe as possible. In 2018, 53,600 Missouri employees suffered from work-related injuries, 14,570 of which caused employees to take time off of work. This is just one example of the many different types of injuries that occur in Missouri. However, these statistics demonstrating the disturbingly high number of accidents and injuries that occur every year.
The fact of the matter is state-sanctioned precautions and regulations are only effective if every person upholds their duty to act responsibly and help keep the people around them safe. When another person acts recklessly or is negligent of their responsibility to others, they place you and your loved ones at risk of a serious or life-threatening personal injury.
When another person causes you or a loved on severe bodily harm, you have a right to fight back. You are also entitled to compensation for the financial toll this injury has on your life. The Ferguson personal injury attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC are ready to take on your case and remedy this injustice. Contact our skilled attorneys today at (314) 963-9000 or visit our website for a free consultation.
Why You Need an Attorney After a Severe Injury
Entering into a personal injury lawsuit after a serious accident can be confusing and frustrating. You may not understand the details of the law or the type and amount of evidence to create a strong argument for your case. However, time is of the essence after a serious accident, and you cannot afford to spend your time trying to learn these laws, while you are in the process of making your claim.
When you work with a personal injury attorney, you will not have to worry about these complex details. A skilled attorney has spent years honing their craft, to help you make the best possible case. They will spend their time gathering the evidence you need and organizing your case, so you have the best chance of receiving compensation. When you are already facing the stress and pain of a serious injury, you need a personal injury fighting by your side to make this process simpler and more effective overall.
Why Choose OnderLaw, LLC
As a local Missouri law firm, OnderLaw, LLC understands the specific needs of our clients better than anyone else. We have spent years fighting for and winning cases for our clients, so you can receive the compensation you deserve after a serious accident.
OnderLaw, LLC understands the financial and emotional stress that comes with a serious injury, and we are dedicated to making this process and easy for you as possible. We are committed to answering all of your questions and guiding you throughout this process. When you work with OnderLaw, LLC you will leave our office confident in our team and our ability to help you and your loved ones recover.
Common Personal Injury Cases
As a legal term, personal injury covers a broad spectrum of accidents, which result in physical or emotional harm. Unfortunately, accidents are common in every aspect of our daily lives, and you need to work with an attorney who is prepared to help you no matter the circumstances. The attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC have experience working with clients who experience injuries from a variety of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Car accidents – both single vehicle and multi-vehicle collisions can cause extensive injuries for you or your passengers. These injuries are often worse when you collide with large trucks or trailers, or if the other driver engages in dangerous behavior, such as distracted or intoxicated driving.
- Pedestrian accidents – even careful drivers are likely not to be specifically looking for pedestrians, even in crosswalks where they should be. Of all accident victims, pedestrians are most likely to be injured in a run-in with a vehicle.
- Truck accidents – weighing up to 80,000 pounds, trucks can cause devastating injuries or fatalities when they collide with much smaller passenger vehicles. Unfortunately, victims of truck accidents rarely walk away with minor injuries.
- Bicycle accidents – cyclists are at a much greater risk of injury than other drivers on the road because you have very little protective gear available. These risks only increase if another vehicle refuses to respect a cyclist’s rights on the road.
- Motorcycle accidents – motorcycles move at high speeds, like other vehicles, but do not have the same protective features as a standard car. When another person collides with your motorcycle, you may experience severe or even fatal injuries.
- Dangerous or defective products – manufacturers have a duty to create safe and effective products for their customers. If a company fails to perform this duty, you are the one who suffers the physical consequences of their poor production.
- Medical malpractice – doctors and other medical professionals can cause serious harm if they do not provide the correct diagnosis or fail to offer effective treatment. If a medical worker does not perform their job, they place you at risk of serious and potentially life-long health concerns.
- Workplace accidents – many work environments come with inherent risks, but it is your supervisor’s job to reduce these risks whenever possible. Injuries that occur in the workplace indicate negligence or carelessness, which you should not have to endure.
- Wrongful death — If an accident befell your loved one that was someone else’s fault and they were fatally injured, you can pursue compensation and justice for your loss through a wrongful death lawsuit.
No matter how complex the circumstances surrounding your injuries, the attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC have the skill and expertise necessary to help you win your case. Personal injury lawsuits can be difficult and frustrating, but with OnderLaw, LLC working by your side, you can rely on our support and guidance throughout this process.
Personal Injury Compensation
The possible compensation from a personal injury case is different for every person. If you experience a more extreme injury, you may face more expensive medical bills and longer rehabilitation and recovery time. Each of these factors can add up to significant financial hardship for you and your loved ones.
When you work with a Ferguson personal injury attorney, they will help you understand your right to compensation. They will also help you identify all the different ways that this accident impacts your life, ensuring that you receive fair compensation.
When thinking about compensation, many people only include the initial medical expenses after an injury. However, personal injury compensation may apply to many different aspects of your life and your recovery, including:
- Follow-up medical appointments
- Prescription medications
- Medical devices, such as wheelchairs and walkers
- Rehabilitation services
- In-home care
- Transportation fees to and from medical appointments
- Psychological assistance
These are all examples of expenses that compensation can cover, but this is not an exhaustive list. It is important to remember that compensation may not relate only to your physical and mental treatment. You may also receive compensation to help you pay for time away from work. This can include partial disability compensation, which provides additional funding if you can only return to work in a limited capacity. Or you may be eligible for total disability compensation, which offers financial support if you cannot work at all after your injury.
Fair and adequate compensation is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones after a serious accident. When you receive compensation, you can spend your time focusing on recovery, rather than financial concerns
Loss of a Loved one from Personal Injury
Losing a loved one is an unimaginable feeling. This loss is devastating and can change your entire outlook on life. However, when someone causes your loved one’s death, you experience a new level of pain and suffering. In addition to your sadness from this loss, you are likely also feeling extreme anger and resentment towards the person responsible. There is no way to bring back the person that you love, and compensation for their death does not even begin to remedy this situation.
However, a wrongful death claim can offer protection against financial ruin for you and your loved ones, after your tremendous loss. A wrongful death lawsuit covers any accidental or intentional death that another person could have or should have prevented. This lawsuit will help you receive compensation for the long-lasting impact this death had on your life. It will also make sure that the person that caused the accident faces justice.
The attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC understand the importance of compensation after an unexpected death. This money may be able to help cover medical bills, funeral expenses, and even lost wages. We know your rights under the law, and when you file a wrongful death lawsuit with OnderLaw, LLC, we will help you bring some small amount of justice to this terrible situation.
Contact OnderLaw, LLC
A serious accident hurt you or a loved one and completely changed your life. No matter the type of accident you experienced or the injuries you received, the Ferguson personal injury attorneys at OnderLaw, LLC are ready to help. We will work by your side throughout your lawsuit, and we will fight for you and for the compensation you need after this accident. However, you need to act quickly to make sure that you have a strong legal case. Begin working on your personal injury case today by contacting OnderLaw, LLC at (314) 963-9000 or visiting our website for a free consultation.