OnderLaw St. Louis car accident attorneys share tips for getting the compensation you deserve.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – Auto accidents can occur at any time, especially when we least expect it. Chances are good that, at some point in our lives, we are all involved in a car accident. Thankfully, many crashes are minor, but sometimes they can cause catastrophic injuries that deeply affect our lives. When the worst happens and you or someone you love is injured or killed in a crash that is someone else’s fault, hiring an experienced car accident attorney in St. Louis can mean the difference between receiving adequate compensation or being stuck with bills you are unable to pay.
There are steps you can take to ensure that you receive the compensation you need and deserve. The best car accident lawyers like those at OnderLaw can help. Contact us at 314-963-9000 for a free consultation.
You vs. Insurance Companies
Most people don’t realize that, when they make an insurance claim in a car accident, they are facing a battle they are likely not prepared to win. Insurance companies employ teams of adjusters and attorneys whose sole purpose is to settle your claim as quickly as they can, and for as little money as possible. These people know that you probably don’t know your legal rights, and that you will likely agree to whatever settlement they convince you to take.
An experienced auto accident attorney understands that insurance companies are very good at making it sound as if they care about what is in your best interest. The car accident lawyers at OnderLaw won’t settle for less than you are entitled to, and they won’t stop if a valid claim is denied by an insurance company.
Insurance companies are not on your team, but we are.
What to Do if You are in a Car Accident
There are steps you can take when you are in an auto accident that can help to ensure that you’ll be able to collect all of the compensation you deserve.
- Provide your insurance information to the other driver.
- Never admit fault or partial fault.
- Take and save photographs on your phone of injuries or damage done to your vehicle.
- Visit an emergency room or physician to properly document your injuries.
- Obtain a copy of the police report and review it for errors or omissions.
- Take your vehicle to a repair shop of your choice for a repair estimate. Note: The insurance company will likely recommend a shop. You are not bound to their choice.
- Do NOT sign anything from the other insurance company, including a medical records release or a settlement offer.
- Do NOT provide any kind of recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Contact an attorney at OnderLaw at 314-963-9000 for a free consultation.
Our car accident attorneys at OnderLaw understand how stressful dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident can be — especially when you or someone you love sustains serious injuries. We work with professionalism and the compassion you deserve to make sure you can focus on healing while we make sure you receive the compensation you need.
Call OnderLaw at 314-963-9000 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We are here for you.